The cause of brain cancer is not fully understood and not found. But some researchers have found that the changes occur in normal brain cell may lead them to form brain tumors. So the brain tumors and Spinal cord tumors are caused by the changes in DNA inside cells.
Everything You Need To Know About Brain Cancer
Brain tumors can grow to vary greatly, the growth location determines how it will affect the function of your nervous system. Here in this article “Know brain cancer better” I will help you to find the causes, symptoms and different types of brain cancer. Read on.
Brain Cancer Symptoms
Not all brain cancers have symptoms and are found by CT Scan or MRI is done. But some brain cancers or tumors can be caused because of other illness so to know for causing symptom is undergo diagnostic testing. The symptoms of metastatic brain cancer and primary brain cancer are similar. Symptoms can be caused by:
- A tumor pressing on or encroaching on other parts of the brain and keeping them from functioning normally.
- Swelling or Inflammation surrounding in the brain caused by the tumor.
Most common symptoms are:
- Difficult in walking
Other signs and nonspecific symptoms are:
- Altered mental status
- Nausea, Vomiting
- Abnormalities in vision
- Difficulty with speech
- Gradual changes in intellectual capacity or emotional response
Types of Brain Cancer
There are different types of brain cancer so the treatment options depend on the type of brain tumor you have. Here are a few types of Brain cancer, let’s have a look.
- Acoustic Neuroma
It is also known as vestibular schwannoma, is a noncancerous and usually slow-growing tumor that develops on the main (vestibular) nerve leading from your inner ear to your brain. Branches of this nerve directly influence your balance and hearing, and pressure from an acoustic neuroma can cause hearing loss, ringing in your ear and unsteadiness.
It is the type of cancer that can form in the brain or spinal cord. Astrocytoma begins in cells called astrocytes that support nerve cells and the major signs and symptoms depend upon the location of your tumor.
- Brain Metastases
This type of cancer occurs when cells spread from their original site to the brain. Any cancer can spread to the brain, but the types most likely to cause brain metastases are lung, breast, colon, kidney, and melanoma.
It is a type of cancer that occurs in the brain and spinal cord. Gliomas begin in the gluey supportive cells (glial cells) that surround nerve cells and help them function.
Types of Glioma include:
- Choroid Plexus Carcinoma
It is a rare brain tumor that mainly occurs in children and also it begins near the brain tissue that secretes the cerebrospinal fluid. Treatment and chances of recovery depend on size, location, child’s age, and general health.
Home care for Brain cancer
According to your symptoms and individual needs home care usually includes supportive measures. Some home care treatments are:
- If you have trouble walking, physical and occupational therapists can help you improve movement and use equipment to aid in daily activities.
- A speech therapist can help with problems related to speaking and swallowing.
- Home hospice care is a way of providing pain and symptom relief, as well as emotional and spiritual support for the patient and the family, at home rather than in the hospital.
- Home care can also include nurses to give medicines, provide wound care, and monitor side effects.
So hope you liked this article “Know brain cancer better” and find useful. Are there any questions or if you have any other suggestion and inquiries you can get in touch with me through the comments section.